Let’s keep this fun and light for today’s sake. It is Tuesday and nobody should have to read a long paragraph today — but tomorrow I will have 5 long paragraphs for you to read … Just kidding! LOL (or am I)?
As a regular gym-goer (who attends the gym at least 5 times a week), I have to have my gym essentials– it is VERY important to me because hey, the gym is like my second home. Literally.
Sometimes I find myself carrying a heavy gym bag and other times, I get lucky and it is light as a feather, but regardless, I ALWAYS have my gym bag with me when heading to the gym. What else?
- Deodorant –— because even though I apply it to my armpits before heading to the gym, I bring it just in case I need to reapply it after a shower, or if I happen to need to reapply it during a workout — I prefer to NOT spell like B/O if possible.
- lotion—— mainly because I don’t want to have ashy skin. I know we are there to workout, but I like to look decent.
- Ipod-— because music if life and I need it to function at the gym for long periods of time. Our gym plays music but sometimes I’d rather to listen to my own playlist
- Headphones—– to keep people from wanting to strike up conversation with me because when I am at the gym, I am ALL about my focus and zone. I talk to people of course but very rarely and that is if I choose to talk to them first.. save the small talk for after the workout is my motto ALSO, because I like carrying extra pair of headphones in case mine break or lose them
- Deep Blue Rub Lotion — I bring this because it helps with sore muscles and cramping..so if I have soreness, I can rub some of this on before or after the workout and it works wonders.
- Ibuprofen-— I like to bring this over the counter medication just in case it is THAT TIME OF MONTH for us ladies or just as back up for any pain.
- My written workout/workouts-— I bring this because I always have my workout for the day planned out ahead of time and record everything via pencil/paper.
- extra clothes— If I want to change afterwards or maybe I am wearing shorts during the workout but post workout want to wear pants because it is cold outside, etc. I bring hoodies and jackets as well for the same reasons
- extra pair of shoes—I don’t wear my shoes for the gym outside, so I will pack my gym shoes and wear my everyday shoes
- socks— if my socks get sweaty or if I want to change into long socks for deadlifts, I don’t always pack socks but sometimes it is necessary
- shaker cup—- I bring my shaker cup for drinking purposes obviously
- protein powder — I don’t always bring protein powder, it just depends if I have any on hand
- hat— I don’t always pack a hat but sometimes it is nice to have depending on the weather and if I did my hair or not.
- Cellphone — I carry this on me at all times in case of emergencies, etc & to tape my videos during my workouts
- Wallet— sometimes I like to buy things at the gym, so my wallet comes with me everywhere I go as well
I typically don’t take showers after my workout at the gym, I always go home to have my shower so I don’t have a reason to bring towels, wash cloths, tooth brush, etc.. with me..
So as you can see, I like to be fully prepared before heading to the gym. What do you carry in your gym back?
P.S my gym supplies bands, belts, wraps, etc so those are things I don’t have to bring along unless I want to bring my own 🙂