I’ll Never Forget…
- The Friends I made — Thank you for coming into my life & supporting my goals, dreams and for being a friend to me during good and bad times — Ya’ll are the real MVPs.
- The family get together’s — The memories I shared with all of my family that were part of my 2018, I love you guys & so happy and blessed that you guys made it through another year with me.
- The job changes — I had to do what I needed to do to make things happen and I learned when you aren’t happy doing something, you have the power to change it, just have to look for other opportunities that will help build you & I also learned to not always jump at every opportunity because sometimes things need to be thought out before hopping on board — even if it means missing out. There will be other doors that will open, be patient.
- Having been hacked on social media — Thanks for hacking me hackers, ya’ll made it so I could start from scratch and challenged me mentally because after losing all my following, my pictures, my memories, etc, I didn’t think I would ever give it a go again because it just seemed to difficult of a task BUT GUESS WHAT? I did it! I started over and while I am no where near where I was to begin with, I am going to keep going after it. It feels somewhat good to have to refresh and refocus my attention on building my business and empire once more — just don’t hack me again because I was extremely traumatized the first time, LOL
- Break ups & make ups — I am still single and while I wasn’t necessarily ready to have another long term relationship this year due to being stuck on an ex from 2017, I decided to do some dating around & learned that by lowering my standards, I am only hurting myself and the other person because I know what I need in a partner and as long as it is realistic, I should keep to it. I almost got myself in a relationship I didn’t want to be in due to me feeling bad after they poured out their liking for me. I lost their friendship but it was worth it if it means I don’t have to feel pressure to start a committed relationship with this person.I just have to learn to be patient, I am still young, there is no rush for love and as long as I have good friends, good family surrounding me and a positive outlook on life — I know when the timing is right, the person will walk in.
- Seeing my ex from 2017 at a festival for the first time since our break up & contacting her on Thanksgiving —Nothing prepared me for this moment and I don’t think I could have prepared for it even if I had knew ahead of time she would be there. That was hard situation for me, because we don’t have a friendship and seeing her there with one of her exes was shocking but at least I knew she for sure moved on. When I contacted her on Thanksgiving aka her birthday, it was only because it was on my heart to apologize to her — and she answered and was very pleasant about it .. it made me smile a little to know she had my number still and appreciated the apology. I thought maybe I would get an apology as well, but couldn’t be as lucky LOL anyways, maybe I can finally move on mentally from that relationship and allow myself to be free of the pain now. I guess I got the most closure I will get from it.
- Starting my own business & website — Neither is perfect and both will need work but hey, I am glad I did it, that’s the first step before anything else, hopefully 2019 allows for more big things for my business/website as a personal trainer.
- New places I visited— Nothing crazy like years prior but a few new places & I love travelling so I want to do it more often each year; starting in 2019!
- Hitting a PR in my conventional deadlift at 305 lbs –– Huge deal to me, who knew I would hit 300 this year, so hopefully 400 will be the next big thing for 2019
- I read some good books — I took some time to get a library card from our town library and then made time for reading & got to read some good books from Stephen King, I read the “Broke Milenninial” book — it was good too, I read some relationship building books & those were helpful and some of my inspiration for doing the 365 day self discovery post
- Paid off a credit card — yay! I was so happy when I paid off a credit card and my FICO score increased!
- Paid off my car – Another big Hooray for me! I now own it & it saves me money and feels good, I am finally adulting — small bit.
- My points from tickets have fallen off & no car accidents — I feel like this is awesome because at one point I had 6 points (half way til I was suspended) from getting speeding tickets. lol but now I drive much better and do little speeding. & having no accidents is always a good thing!
- New songs I have fallen love with — added to my spotify playlist — I loved some of the new music I have heard this year, added many of them on my spotify account (I am huge into music)
- Went to my FIRST Metal band/Scream O concert – Who knew I would like this type of music, but I learned that some of it is actually really good when I understand what they are saying or can relate to the rage
- I have a savings account again — and have money in it, good amount of money in it and I am now more accountable with adding money to it weekly or biweekly 🙂 it feels good!
- I finished watching all of the Game of thrones series: && I am excited for the new season to start in April! I love the show!
- I went to the movie theater alone — It was on my bucket list of things I wanted to do, and I did it! was excited because it wasn’t as bad as thought it would have been — it was fine 😀 I survived.
- Still blog — Hey! I am still on wordpress and blogging, another year to be thankful for keeping at it and loving it.
- The many things I overcame to be here right now.. I’ll never forget those obstacles
- Went to Cedar point for the first time since like middle school & took my youngest brother for the first time — He loved it, and I enjoyed it. I am a wimp but always get on rollercoasters anyways and he enjoyed himself on the coasters and was just as scared as me but was very brave! ❤
3 thoughts on “Goodbye 2018 — Walking Down Memory Lane”
Happy new year Shaylon. Wishing you a healthy and happy new year
Thank you so much! Same to you and your family.
LikeLiked by 1 person