For my deadlifters out there, this will be another one of those exercises you might enjoy, although I have met some that don’t enjoy this variation, but I, for one like it. If you are looking for way to strengthen those hammies, this is an exercise for you! don’t give up on yourself if you can’t lift heaver weight, no need for it, you could go reckless and rep it out with lower weights and still feel the aftermath of a good leg day workout.
How to perform it:
- Grasp the barbell using an overhead grip
- Stand with torso straight and legs spaced shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent (starting position) you may also use a narrower stance
- keep the knees stationary while lowering the barbell over the top of your feet by bending at the waist & keeping your back straight (continue to move forward until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings while inhaling)
- Bring your torso up straight again by extending the hips until you are back at the starting position (exhale while doing so)
- repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
What muscles are being worked:
- back muscles (lower back)
Caution: This exercise is not recommended to those that have back conditions or injuries. Be sure to speak to your medical doctor before performing this exercise.