Mental health is just as important as physical health, if not more important.
Hello bloggers, as scheduled today would be mental health awareness by discussing a mental health condition. I chose this particular one because I don’t know anyone who has been diagnosed with it close to me and I didn’t know very much about it to be able to discuss so I had fun being able to research it and gain some understanding. I did happen to know some basics but enough to be able to write about it, so I post some links for this one to sites I used briefly or that I sited so that you can also read up on it, if it something of interest to you.
What is Paranoid Schizophrenia?
- When your mind doesn’t agree with reality – this is the way I understand it and the easiest way of explaining it so others can understand & the same way this site put it.
- A lifelong illness
- Affects how you think and behave
- Auditory disturbances
- unexplained anger
- emotional disconnectedness
- sever anxiety and agitation
- argumentive behavior
- sometimes violent tendencies
- Delusions of grandeur
- frequent suicidal thoughts and behavior
Now there are other symptoms that people with schizophrenia may have that are not listed, so make sure to do your research and get a full understanding because each person handles this differently.
Most studies say there is no ONE cause of this illness BUT there are some risk factors that can higher your chances:
- Family history of psychotic disorders
- exposure to a viral infection in the womb
- fetal malnutrition
- stress in early childhood
- sexual or physical abuse
- older parental age
- Use of psychoactive drugs during adolescence
- THERE IS NO CURE AT THIS TIME FOR THIS ILLNESS!!!!
- ECT (Electroconvulsive therapy)
- training for social skills and development
Now with this being said, these are methods but they depend on the situation and circumstance, not everyone will agree to take medications or undergo therapies and that is their choice. I know many of them take more than one kind of medication and sometimes more than 2 or 3 depending on their situation and symptoms and the severity. The fact there is no cure for it is disheartening because this is something someone will have to deal with for the rest of their lives & I don’t think it would be easy or easy to explain to others who don’t have it and this is why I do these post so that hopefully it sheds light and brings awareness to the issue at hand. I personally have always believed that mental illness goes unnoticed because people don’t understand and believe them to be omens or ignore them in order to pretend it doesn’t exist (ignorance). I like to think we are growing and learning and accepting people who may be different than ourselves BUT at the same time there are still people who look down on those with any type of mental illness. I believe in order to help people with their illnesses we have to be open minded and forgiving because it is not always that individuals fault that they have it. So with that being said..
- Do you know anyone who has this illness? or do yourself have it?
- Did you know a lot about this illness or was this something new?
- will you share this post to bring awareness to mental health
Links I used for this post:
Thank you for reading!