- 2-3 minute bench step ups
- Barbell shoulder press: 4 x 2-5. 75 lb (seated) (1 minute bench step up between sets)
- DB shoulder press: 3 x 2-5, 60 lb (seated) (1 minute kettlebell swings- 8kg between sets)
- Standing DB upright Row: 3 x 2-5, 50 lb (1 minute sprints between sets)
- Barbell squat: 4 x 2-5, 155 lb (1 minute box jumps between sets)
- Barbell deadlift: 3 x 2-5, 155 lb (1 minute med ball slams- 10 lb between sets)
- Leg press: 3 x 2-5, 180 lb (1 minute mountain climbers between sets)
- Standing calf raises: 3 x 4-5 ( 1 minute lateral bounds between sets)
- Seated calf raises: 3 x 4-5, 180 lb (1 minute skipping in place between sets)
My left knee was not in pain today and for the past couple of days I have been taking glutamine with my protein shake after my workout (which I will explain what glutamine is in another post) and it has helped quite a bit with my muscle recovery. The barbell shoulder press was hard today, that is the heaviest i have lifted while seated and I have to give myself credit because it wasn’t easy by any means. My barbell squat was good, I took my time with it because of the past few days of my knee being dumb and it worked out okay. The leg press, I could have gone higher with 2-5 rep range but didn’t today so.. honestly, I should be hitting 370 for that range .. by now for the leg press. I like that this program implements calf exercises because many people overlook them!
Let me know how many of you take a glutamine supplement? also, let me know do you implement calf exercises in your workouts?