This week starts a new cycle for my powerlifting program. I have another 4 weeks, BUT this week I add 5 lb to my upper body lifts (1RM) and 10 lb to my lower body lifts (1RM) so, this means the numbers will be slightly higher, compared to last week 🙂 Another thing that is changing is I am doing heavier lifting to start this week off, instead of moderate lifting in the beginning of the week so that I don’t have two weeks next to one another and it allows better recovery for my muscles. The core lifts will be the same types, but just different numbers, so if you want to see the improvements — either track back to my older workouts from the last 4 weeks, or follow me on IG —- > https://www.instagram.com/shaylon_fitnesswonderwoman/?hl=en so that you can better keep up with my progress (I will follow back)
Week 5.. Day One.
- Barbell shoulder press: 3 x 3
- 70% of my 90% of 1-RM: 55 lb
- 80% of my 90% of 1-RM: 65 lb
- 90% of my 90% of 1-RM: 70 lb, 9 max reps
- DB upright row: 5 x 15, 40 lb
- DB shoulder press: 5 x 15, 40 lb
- Face pulls: 5 x 15, 60 lb
- Cable rear delt: 5 x 15, 30 lb
- Seated Russian Twist: 4 x 20, 45 lb plate
- medicine ball decline sit ups: 4 x 20, 6 lb
- Stair climber: 20 minutes, level 7
So basically, if you go back to previous post to cycle one for week 2, I did 70 lb for 8 reps, today I beat that with 9 reps; that’s some improvement. Hopefully tomorrow will show some good improvements as well for the next core lift.
P.S my new max 1RM would be 90 lb instead of 85 lb, because I added 5 lb to it.