First and for most I want to apologize for the delay in post this week, Tuesday I was very sickly & bed ridden all day due to muscle fatigue, sore throat and nausea, and didn’t have the energy to blog; let alone make it to the gym, so I made Tuesday my rest day. Today I am feeling somewhat better, but now have runny nose and no sore throat, so I will be attending the gym but careful to not overdue anything if it progresses. This whole week will be my 3 month check in for my 1RM’s to make sure I am hitting my mark in each of my lifts. Monday, I started wit the barbell shoulder press — and very happy with the results.
Keep in mind, the last time I checked my 1RM was Jan.1st of 2018.
- Barbell shoulder press: 90 lb 1-RM (this is 5 lb more than my RM from Jan)
- Push press: 3 x 8-10, 70 lbs
- Seated DB shoulder press: 3 x 8-10, 40lbs
- Seated DB curl: 3 x 8-10, 50 lbs
- Smith machine upright rows: 3 x 8-10. 75 lbs
- One arm DB bentover rows: 3 x 8-10, 40 lbs
- DB front to lateral raises: 3 x 8-10, 30 lbs
- Barbell shrugs: 3 x 8-10, 205 lbs
- Upright stationary bike: 15 min, level 8, rpms 75+
I kept the accessory work moderate weight after doing the core lift