Happy Thursday Bloggers,
There are so many different ways to train and all of them are useful in some way or the other. I find that trying different training styles increases your knowledge for fitness, gives you better or more results and can be less boring. While some training styles take more time, it is essential you add variety to your workout to get the most out of it. Today’s training style is going to be “Supersets”, how many of you have heard of supersets? this is a popular training model, and it definitely might add some progression to your workout and challenge you.
What is a superset?
- Doing two exercises back to back with little to no rest between them.
- Done with opposing muscle groups (ex. biceps/triceps, chest/back)
- Alternating push/pull exercises
- alternating upper/lower body
- good protocol for hypertrophy
- Good when short in time
- Typically the two exercises work different muscle groups or movement patterns, not always though.
Example of a superset exercise:
- Bicep curls 3 x 10
- triceps push down 3 x10
Doing these two exercises starting with one or the other, then moving on to the next exercise with little to no rest and doing the same amount of reps.
I personally do a lot of supersets when I want to feel a real good pump in my muscles and when I want to add some challenge to some of the exercises I have planned for the day. How many of you implement supersets in your workout? Let me know what exercises in the comment section! Thanks for reading.
Follow, share, comment and like.
Your Fitness Blogger,