Day Three- Chest day
Eh, so today’s lifting was bench press aka chest day. I had some good improvements with my reps, but fell short in my lifting when it got heavier (close to my 1 rep max), so I am going to probably start lifting bench twice a week starting Monday, because my bench press is slowest to progress compared to other 3 big lifts, and I want to hit 135 by March. I am like 5-10 lb away from it, so I know it is possible with the right strategy and of course hard work. I spoke to someone at the gym about it today, so they gave me an idea that I plan on implementing for it. We shall see how well it goes.
- Barbell bench press: 3 x 3
- 70% of 90% of 1-RM: 85 lb
- 80% of 90% of 1-RM: 95 lb
- 90% of 90% of 1-RM: 105 lb, 6 max reps (I did 2 more reps compared to week 2) Yay!
- Wide Grip pull up (assistance machine): 5 x 15, 120 lb
- DB chest press: 5 x 15, 50 lb
- Wide grip lat pull down: 5 x 15, 60 lb
- Incline DB chest press: 5 x 15, 50 lb
- Stationary bike:20 minutes, level 8. Rpm: 70+
So basically I am struggling to use my feet to push me while benching with an arch,I have finally gotten down the straight wrist idea, but now it is focusing on pushing my heels when I bench so I can get that weight up quicker and more efficiently. This is going to take some learning and practice before I have it down, but if I plan on competing and being at my best within competitions, I have to learn to get better at these things or make it work for me. I was struggling at 1 rep for 125 lb and my max is supposed to be 135 now (I have to add 5 lb this week), so with that being said, UGHHHH! not happy with struggling at 125, but will continue to work on it.. I know I can do this.