For starters, today was a good workout BUT to add to that, I had a fun conversation with a girl who attends my gym, her fiance does too, but she was working out this morning and had a leg day, it was the day she was starting to use the barbell for squats for the first time in like years .. and she started off with a weight that she felt comfortable with and used a platform to make sure she was hitting the amount of depth she was aiming for and all the while I was watching — I decided she could definitely do more weight, how did I know? because I believed in her and I seen her potential .. I knew she was stronger than she had the confidence to admit and I figured if nothing else, she can give it a go and I would spot her. She decides to take the plunge and up the weight by 20 lb and here I am spotting. She does it, reps it out ONE MORE REP than the second set, I give her a huge high five and let her know I am proud of her. That’s an example of pushing someone to their fullest potential, spotting their opportunity for success & letting them know you believe in them; pushing them to try & having their back win or lose.
Now back to the Deadlifting part:
- Conventional deadlifts: 3 x 5
- 65% of 90% of 1RM: 170 lb
- 75% of 90% of 1RM: 200 lb
- 85% of 90% of 1RM: 225 lb, 6 max reps
- Deficit Deadlift: 5 x 8-10, 160 lb
- wide stance barbell stiff leg deadlift: 5 x 8-10, 135 lb, 155 lb
- Kettlebell snatch: 5 x 8-10, 8 kg
- EZ bar glute bridges: 5 x 10, 40 lb
- jump rope: 30/45/30 seconds
- Sprints: 30/45/30 seconds
- mountain climber: 30/45/30 seconds
- burpees: 30/45/30 seconds
- Treadmill (interval training): 15 min total (2 minute run, 5.5 speed, and 1 min walk, 3.5 speed)
Overall the deadlifts went over well, for the wide stance stiff leg, I decided to use my versa gripps (normally my grip is fine) but after doing deadlift after deadlift back to back, I wanted to be sure. Nobody loves burpees, especially me, but I got them done, the run on the treadmill was good. Overall a good workout 😀
4 thoughts on “Making a friend & doing deadlifts”
Tomorrow are you going to her house to help lift her off the toilet because her legs will be so sore to move?
Lmao thankfully I think her fiance has her back on that one, but who is going to help me? hmm
LikeLiked by 1 person
I don’t think our friendship is ready for that level of commitment.
Hah, you are right, I am going to tell her to stop pressuring me to workout with her right away! lmao
LikeLiked by 1 person