- 2-3 minutes of bench step ups
- Barbell shoulder press: 4 x 6-8. 65 lb. ( 1 minute bench step ups between each set)
- Standing alternating DB press: 3 x 6-8. 60 lb. ( 1 minute kettlebell swings- 8 kg between each set)
- Smith machine one-arm upright row: 3 x 6-8. 45 lb, 55 lb. (1 minute sprints between each set)
- Barbell squat: 4 x 6-8. 95 lb (1 minute battling ropes between each set)
- Barbell deadlift: 3 x 6-8. 135 lb. (1 minute med ball slam – 10 lb between each set)
- Bodyweight walking lunge: 3 x 6-8. ( 1 minute mountain climbers between each set)
- Standing calf raises: 3 x 7-8 ( 1 minute lateral bounding between each set)
- Seated calf raise: 3 x 7-8. 110 lb (1 minute skipping in place between each set)
I did a PR in my seated calf raises, increased it by 10 lb. Again this was another focus on strength and the cardio acceleration between each set was focused on endurance. I did a low barbell squat because after having to use the smith machine for so long, i lost strength in my legs when it came to using a free weight barbell again – so I am having to basically start over again and work my way up. Not to mention I went whole 3-4 weeks without doing any leg workouts and so that probably hurt my strength as well.
What are you lifting for seated calf raises?
Are any of these exercises ones you haven’t done yet?
What do you like about using a smith machine and what do you hate about it?
leave your answers in the comment section. Follow, share, like and comment.