- Barbell shoulder press: 3 x 5, 3, 1
- 75% of 90% of 1-RM: 60 lb, 3 x 5
- 85% of 90% of 1-RM: 70 lb, 3 x 3
- 95% of 90% of 1-RM: 75 lb, 5 rep max , 3 x 1+
This went over well, I believe about 4 or 5 weeks ago, I was hitting 70 lb for like 1 rep max and now I am able to do 75 lb for 5 rep max, very happy about this progress.
- Barbell bench press: 5 x 5, 105 lb, 100 lb
My bench did not go over well at all today. I was able to hit 105 lb for 5 reps but only the first set, after that set, I was only hitting 3-4 reps, so I went down to 100 lb and was hitting my 5 reps until the last set and was only able to do 3 reps. Bench has never been my stronger suit in lifting but I want to improve it because I plateau in bench pressing more than I do in other lifts and it agitates me. I have found some ideas but it will be trial and error. Anyone else feel like their bench is slow to progress?
My 1 rep max should be 135, but at this rate, I don’t know. GRR.
- DB seated shoulder press: 5 x 6, 60 lb
- Smith machine upright row: 5 x 6, 90 lb
- Side laterals to front raise: 5 x 6, 30 lb
- DB rear delt row: 5 x 6, 80 lb
The assistance work today wasn’t too bad besides the last one (hard one). I am doing heavier assistance work this week and next week and lighter core lifts next week (deload week) so today’s core lifting was fairly heavy work.