Time for me to finally hop off the Jim Wendler program and re-focus my attention on the things that Matt was telling me Tuesday so that when I schedule to see him in May, he can see I have developed in some form or fashion or at least have started implementing my programs around my weaknesses. Today was the first day back at the gym since meeting him Tuesday, so with it being Wednesday, and realizing I need at least 4 days a week — I decided I would start the core lifts with accessory work Monday. For the time being, Today, tomorrow and Friday I will be doing all accessory work using the warm up format he gave me, and only working on the muscles that he listed were my weaknesses.
Today I focused on upper body accessory work & also added in some isolated core exercises as well.
Warm up: 12-15 min
- DB chest press (because it will help with keeping my wrist straight) 4 x 25, 40 lbs & 30 lbs last set
- DB triceps overhead extension: 4 x 25, 15 lbs. 10 lbs, and 5 lbs
- Lat pulldown: 4 x 25, 30 lbs
I meant to keep the weight light while doing this warm up circuit but my ego got the best of me and I started with moderate weight thinking that I would be fine, but as you can see, I had reduce the load.
Workout (Lats, triceps, rear delts) in that order
- Assisted pull ups (wide grip) 5 x 8-10, 100 lbs
- Assisted pull ups (narrow grip) 5 x 8-10, 100 lbs
- Reverse grip triceps pushdown: 5 x 8-10, 50 lbs
- DB Tate press: 5 x 8-10, 30 lbs
- Cable face pulls: 5 x 8-10, 60 lbs
- Seated bentover rear delt raise: 5 x 8-10, 20 lbs
- One arm lat pulldown: 5 x 8-10 each arm, 20 lbs, 30 lbs
- DB triceps kickback: 5 x 8-10 ea arm, 15 lbs
- Standing cable reverse fly: 5 x 8-10, 40 lbs
- Decline medicine ball sit ups: 3 x 20, 8 lbs
- Body weight decline sit ups: 3 x 20
- Med ball slams: 3 x 20, 10 lbs
First day went alright, the warm up was grueling but definitely got me worked up and warm for the rest of the workout. Day two is tomorrow.