Friday was my make up day since I had missed Wednesday’s bench session. It was heavier lifting day, so close to my max day with my core lifting. Accessory work I made a strength (heavier load) as well to match it.
- Cable straight arm pulldown: 4 x 25, 30 lbs
- Cable rope face pulls: 4 x 25, 30 lbs
- Cable triceps pushdown: 4 x 25, 30 lbs
- Barbell bench press: 5 x 2-3 (90% 1RM), 110 lbs
- DB alternating bicep curls: 6 x 5-8, 60 lbs total
- Triceps extension machine: 6 x 5-8, 60 lbs
- Rear delt machine: 6 x 5-8, 60 lbs
- Stair climber: 10 minutes, level 5
so recently I have noticed my bench has went down in weight — my 1RM was 135 lbs at one point , close to 140 and now, it is about 120 (if I were to guess) and while that might not seem like an extreme loss, it feels like it, so I am trying to bring my numbers back up & it has been tough. My bench is the weakest link in the BIG 3 lifts, always has been but since stopping a program and focusing on weaknesses, it has went down in weight — right now, I am creating my workouts with trial and error and hoping in 6-8 weeks I will see the numbers climb back up.
Anyone else have a hard time with their bench numbers?