Ugh! my bench , my bench, my bench needs improvement. Today was a heavier day for bench — what i could consider heavier but not near my max day. I was working in the 3 rep range and did 95 lbs & 110 lb lifts for my bench press. I show both lifts Here. My bench has always been my weakest lift out of the BIG 3 — I am hoping within the next couple of weeks my max will increase by 5 lbs or so, because when competing I have to be strong in all three lifts in order to get the better total. My deadlifts and squats are my strongest lifts but I can’t only rely on them so I HAVE to work on increasing my bench if I want to better myself as a powerlifter.
As of now, my plan is to use weighted push ups & continue to work on my weaker areas that carry over to the bench in order to have a good balance of strength & hopefully seeing increases in my bench press.
- Resistance band chest press: 4 x 25, green band
- EZ military press: 4 x 25, 20 lbs
- Lat pulldowns: 4 x 25, 30 lbs
- Barbell bench press: 6 x 3, 95 lbs (75% 1RM)
- barbell bench press: 6 x 3. 100 lbs (80% 1RM)
- Seated Arnold press: 5 x 6, 50 lbs
- DB front raises: 5 x 6, 30 lbs
- Cable upright rows: 5 x 6, 80 lbs
- DB hammer curls: 5 x 6, 60 lbs & 70 lbs
- DB triceps kickback: 5 x 6, 20 lbs
- EZ bar curls: 5 x 6, 50 lbs
- Seated DB shoulder press: 5 x 6, 50 lbs
Thanks for reading – don’t forget to follow me on social media
& Remember to follow my blog, share it, and leave comments 🙂